Ped 104 Pedagogy of Communion – part II
Pedagogy of Communion – II
Class hours: 21
Credits (ECTS): 3
LM-CU – Specialization in Pedagogy of Dialogue
Course held in Italian
The course offers an in-depth study of the “Pedagogy of communion”, aiming to make students acquire additional conceptual and methodological tools, theoretical knowledge and professional skills, compared to what has been covered in the Pedagogy of Communion course 1. A fundamental reference will still be, in a pedagogical perspective, the thought and work of Chiara Lubich, with multiple approaches to similar writings by other scholars and, in particular, to educational experiences that can be inserted in this theoretical-practical area in the international context.
- (2016). Dottorati honoris causa conferiti a Chiara Lubich. Ed. by Sophia University Institute and Chiara Lubich Center. Rome: Città Nuova (selected passages).
- LUBICH C. (2001). La dottrina spirituale (a cura di M. Vandeleene). Milan: Mondadori (selected passages). English translation: Essential Writings: Spirituality, Dialogue, Culture. New City Press, 2007.
- Selected writings from the online publications of EDU- Education-Unity.
- FREIRE P. (2004). La pedagogia degli oppressi. Turin: Ega (selected passages).
- MILAN G. (2002). Educare all’incontro. La pedagogia di Martin Buber. Rome: Città Nuova (up to p. 111)
Before applying to Sophia
Once a possible study path at Sophia has been identified, verify the application requirements and begin the enrolment process to receive feedback [continue]
The Sophia University Institute is a centre for academic formation and research, where there is interaction between life and thought, as well as among the different cultures and disciplines, in a context with a strong relational structure. It is not a university in the classical sense of adjacent departments, but rather as a laboratory for interdisciplinary and intercultural experimentation. It thus provides a leading-edge experience on the frontier of excellence at the service of humanity and cultural development.
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
The Registrar’s Office provides administrative services for enrolment, course registration and certification of academic records [continue]
ORIENTATION AND MENTORING
New students are welcomed in a familiar and stimulating environment, accompanied step by step by the staff and tutors of the academic community
Sophia is an academic community that combines life and study with students from all over the world, so students are offered the possibility of living on campus to share their experience with others [continue]