Teo 106 Introduction to Theology
Introduction to Theology
Class hours: 15
Credits (ECTS): 0
Course held in Italian
The course provides an overall introduction to the study of theology as knowledge of God based on the Revelation attested by Sacred Scripture and experienced in the living Tradition of the Church. Sources of Theological knowledge will be examined: the Bible (Old and New Testament) to see how the canonical composition was structured by the event of salvation; and Tradition (magisterium, liturgy, charisms and the experience of the People of God). Characteristics of theology in the main historical periods (patristic, medieval, modern, contemporary), as well as the various specializations of theology (biblical, systematic and practical) will then be examined.
- PONTIFICAL BIBLICAL COMMISSION, The Interpretation of the Bible in the Church, 1993.
- PONTIFICAL BIBLICAL COMMISSION, The Jewish People and Their Sacred Scriptures in the Christian Bible, 2001.
- CODA P., Teo-logia. La parola di Dio nelle parole dell’uomo, PUL – Mursia, Roma 1997, ristampa 2009.
- CODA P. – G. FILORAMO, Dizionario del cristianesimo, UTET, Torino 2006, 2 volumi (in particolar: ”Bibbia”, “Canone”, “Esegesi”, Kerygma” per la parte biblica; “Credo”, “Dogma”, “Fede”, “Magistero”, “Regula fidei”, “Rivelazione”, “Spiritualità”, “Teologia”, “Tradizione”).
- GRECH P., Il messaggio biblico e la sua interpretazione, EDB, Bologna 2005.
- VAGAGGINI C., “Teologia”, in Nuovo Dizionario di Teologia, a cura di G. Barbaglio e S. Dianich, Edizioni Paoline, Cinisello Balsamo 1977, pp. 1597-1708.
Before applying to Sophia
Once a possible study path at Sophia has been identified, verify the application requirements and begin the enrolment process to receive feedback [continue]
The Sophia University Institute is a centre for academic formation and research, where there is interaction between life and thought, as well as among the different cultures and disciplines, in a context with a strong relational structure. It is not a university in the classical sense of adjacent departments, but rather as a laboratory for interdisciplinary and intercultural experimentation. It thus provides a leading-edge experience on the frontier of excellence at the service of humanity and cultural development.
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
The Registrar’s Office provides administrative services for enrolment, course registration and certification of academic records [continue]
ORIENTATION AND MENTORING
New students are welcomed in a familiar and stimulating environment, accompanied step by step by the staff and tutors of the academic community
Sophia is an academic community that combines life and study with students from all over the world, so students are offered the possibility of living on campus to share their experience with others [continue]