TEO 203 The Trinitarian Principle between Theology and Anthropology
The Trinitarian Principle beteween Theology and Anthropology
Class hours: 42
Credits (ECTS): 6
Interdisciplinary Foundations in Culture of Unity
Course held in Italian
The course provides an introduction into the heart of God the Trinity revealed in Jesus Christ in order to promote a personal and social existence that is contextualized with authenticity and incisiveness in the contemporary experience of today: with its questions, wounds, demands, and hopes. To know God who is Trinity, in fact, means to immerse oneself responsibly in an experience given, assumed and shared in order to discover and realize in dialogue the “grammar and syntax of love” with which the personal, social, historical and cosmic reality is written. Such is the meaning of the term “the Trinitarian principle”, delineated correlatively in a theological and anthropological key, which specifies the content of the course.
The course intends to offer a qualified contribution – in epistemological, biblical and theological terms – to the search for a performative paradigm of interpretation capable of responding with pertinent effectiveness to the change of epoch currently underway. To this end it is structured in 3 parts:
- an epistemological focus aimed at situating the course about God the Trinity and the subsequent anthropology in the overall context of the studies offered by Sophia’s academic project in its specific intentionality;
- a biblical part about the Revelation of God in the Old and New Testaments;
- a historical and theoretical part about the central theological, anthropological and social significance of the mystery of God the Trinity in today’s cultural history.
For those who only have a basic theological preparation, the following books are recommended to provide a more general and introductory presentation of the Trinity:
- CODA P., Dio uno e trino. Rivelazione, esperienza e teologia del Dio dei cristiani (Edizioni San Paolo, 20137), also available in Spanish and German;
- CODA P., Dio che dice amore (Città Nuova, 2007).
For those who have a solid basis in theological or philosophical studies:
- CODA P., Dalla Trinità. L’avvento di Dio tra storia e profezia, (Città Nuova, 2012); Spanish Trans. Desde la Trinidad. El advenimiento de Dios entre historia y profecía, Secretariado Trinitario, Salamanca 2014; English Trans. From the Trinity. The Coming of God in Revelation and Theology, The Catholic University of America Press, Washington D.C. 2020 (also available also in pdf-e-book).
In addition to the above recommended reading, students are also required to read selected texts that will be made available during the course.
Class notes will also be made available by the professors, as well as a list of the topics to be presented during the final oral exam.
Before applying to Sophia
Once a possible study path at Sophia has been identified, verify the application requirements and begin the enrolment process to receive feedback [continue]
The Sophia University Institute is a centre for academic formation and research, where there is interaction between life and thought, as well as among the different cultures and disciplines, in a context with a strong relational structure. It is not a university in the classical sense of adjacent departments, but rather as a laboratory for interdisciplinary and intercultural experimentation. It thus provides a leading-edge experience on the frontier of excellence at the service of humanity and cultural development.
OFFICE OF THE REGISTRAR
The Registrar’s Office provides administrative services for enrolment, course registration and certification of academic records [continue]
ORIENTATION AND MENTORING
New students are welcomed in a familiar and stimulating environment, accompanied step by step by the staff and tutors of the academic community
Sophia is an academic community that combines life and study with students from all over the world, so students are offered the possibility of living on campus to share their experience with others [continue]