Professore stabile ordinario di Ontologia e Razionalità scientifica
Titoli di studio conseguiti
- 12/91 Ph.D. in Mathematics (Stochastic Processes)
University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
Dissertation Title: Gaps in the Range of the Stable Processes
- 05/11 M.Div. Catholic Theological Union (CTU), Chicago
- 05/09 M.A. (research) in Systematic Theology
Catholic Theological Union (CTU), Chicago
Thesis: Unity and the Four Point Hypothesis – A Lonerganian Analysis of the Trinity in the Thought of Chiara Lubich
- 09/75 M.Sc. (Hons) in Mathematical Science
University College Dublin, Ireland
Specialization: General Relativity and Quantum Field Theory
Incarichi academici e scientifici
09/15- Cattedra Piero Pasolini: ontologia e sapere scientifico
07/07-06/13 Chair: Dept. of Mathematics, Northeastern Illinois University (elected 4/07)
09/03-08/93 Professor: Northeastern Illinois University, Dept of Mathematics
09/99-09/01 Visiting Assoc. Professor: Purdue University, Indiana, Dept. Of Physics
09/85-06/90 Teaching Associate/Fellow: Dept. of Mathematics, UCLA
09/88-06/90 Teaching Assistant Consultant: Dept. Of Mathematics, UCLA T.A. supervisor
08/83-12/85 Instructor: Mount St. Mary’s College, Los Angeles
2004- Membro del Comitato Internazionale per l’Associazione internazionale per la dinamica relativista (IARD)
2008- Referee per la rivista Foundations of Physics (2008- )
Referee per la rivista European Physics Letters
(1) Bell’s inequality and the structure of spin 3/2 baryons proceedings Spin 96.
(2) Wave-particle duality in general relativity, Il Nuovo Cimento,11(7).
(3) The Einstein-Podolsky-Rosen Paradox and The Pauli Exclusion Principle, Fundamental Problems in Quantum Theory, NYAS (May 1995), pp. 880-881.
(4) Large Gaps in the Range of the Stable Processes (Co-authors: Mountford and Port), Jour. Theoretical Probability, Vol.1, 1997.
(5) Bell’s inequality, statistical mechanics and superconductivity. Proceedings of 5th International Wigner Symposium, Vienna 1997. p. 530-532.
(6) Interpretations of Reality — a dialogue among theology, philosophy and science. Proceedings of symposium on religion and science held at the Pontifical Lateran University, April 16, 17, 1999 and published January 2000.
(7) The spin-statistics theorem — did Pauli get it right? Hadronic J., 25(4), 2002.
(8) Clebsch-Gordan Coefficients and the binomial distribution Hadronic J., 25(5), 2002.
(9) Rotational invariance and the spin-statistics theorem, Foun. Phys., 33(9), 2003.
(10) Rotational invariance and baryonic structure, Hadronic J., 26(3-4), 2003.
(11) Quantum Mechanics and the metrics of General Relaitivity, Foun. Phys., 35(9), 2005.
(12) Some Remarks on Rings (co-author Lidia Obojska). Commentationes Mathematicae, June 2010.
(13) Equations of Motion in general relativity and quantum mechanics. J. of Phys. (Conf.) Vol 330, 2011.
(14) Constants of the motion, universal time and the Hamilton-Jacobi function in general relativity. J. of Phys. (conf), Vol 437 (012007), 2013.
(15) Brownian Motion in Minkowski Space, (co-author Lamberto Rondoni), Entropy 2015, 17,3581-3594.
(16) A generalized spin statistics theorem, in J. of Physics: Conf. Series, 845 (2017) 012030.
(17) The Eye of the Beholder: An Analysis of Perception, in «Sophia», VIII (2016-2), pp. 127-141.
(18) On the Pericoretic Subject in Light of the Trinity, in «Sophia», IX (2017-1), pp. 58-71.
(19) Do Robots think like we do?, in «Sophia», Anno X n.1, 2018, pp. 43-55.
(20) The Epr Paradox And Su(2) Relativity, J.phys.: Conf. Ser. 1239 (2019) 012021
Science and Religion:
(1) Interpretations of Reality — a dialogue among theology, philosophy and science. Proceedings of symposium on religion and science held at the Pontifical Lateran University, April 16, 17, 1999 and published January 2000.
(2) Sulla presenza di intenzionalità e finalismo nel quadro della fisica contemporanea (Co-author: L. Rondoni, Politechnico di Torino) SEFIR Proceedings (Lateran Univ.), Sept. .
(1) Minkowski Space and Quantum Mechanics in volume Space, Time and Spacetime. V.Petkov (ed) Springer (2010). ISBN 978-3-642-13537-8.
(2) A Lonerganian Analysis of the Marian Profile of the Church in the Theology of Hans Urs von Balthasar. Proceedings of the Theology Symposium for 50th International Eucharistic Conference at Maynooth, Ireland, p 759-786 June 6-9, 2012, Veritas (Dublin), 2013.